Monday, December 06, 2004

Our eyes were looking southwards

The great busyness of last week went pretty well, I think. In short:

  1. All things academic (test, presentation, more tests) seemed to go smoothly.
  2. The McKinsey interview last Friday could have gone better, but it could have gone much worse. I wouldn't mind doing parts of it over again, but I don't know exactly how I'd do them differently. Suffice it to say, it's done, the thank-you notes are sent, and I should hear by Tuesday. (I only mention it now because so many people have been kind enough to wish me well and ask how it went.)
So now I have a relatively light load left for the rest of the semester. Good thing, too, as Wednesday morning is getting closer all the time. Kerry and I are both getting excited about the trip, and of course about Scott and Carlie's wedding this Saturday. Admittedly, we're biased, but we think they're pretty wonderful people and are wonderful together, as well. We would appreciate it if you would keep them in your thoughts and prayers, not just for a great wedding week, but for a growing, deepening lifetime of marriage.

Last night was caroling night for the Glen Mar Youth Group. For some reason, it was decided that my car should be "leaved," so every time we came back from singing at a house, there were leaves all over the hood, windshield, and roof. Harmless, of course, and highly amusing to the girls (including an adult advisor) doing it.

Following the caroling was the traditional gift exchange/gift swap/white elephant, which I've run the last three years. We had 46 kids playing, almost double the previous two years, and this year they finally got into the gift-taking aspect of the game. (Thank heavens they finally put aside all that Christian ethic about contentedness and not coveting, and played the game right.) They also gave me a lovely hat, skirt, and jewelry of wrapping paper and bows (again, egged on by an adult). I'll let you know when we've got a picture.

1 comment:

Old Father William said...

I have to say that my enduring affection for Scott came at the Trav & Kerry pre-wedding super-fiesta when we played that game at the hotel with the ornate pictures and you had to name everything that started with a certain letter. Scott and I were partners. Trav named like 1 Billion things that started with the letter "H" (the haute house hovering hugely on lake Huron), so everything that we had got crossed off the list except that Scott had "that dude's got two hands" which somehow got overlooked and then I said "and that guy clearly has Hubris." And I was worried because I didn't think that was going to be allowed, but then Scott was like "Oh yeah... clearly" and then it was all good!