Sunday, December 12, 2004

Ixnay on the IcKinseymay

Secure suspense. I found out today that McKinsey is not offering me a position. Reactions:

  1. Naturally I'm disappointed, but I still consider the whole interview process with the firm to have been positive.
  2. Actually, the process isn't over just yet. All I've heard from them so far is the yes/no result. I'll get in touch with my interviewers to learn what went well and what I could do better in future interviews. (Since they offer that information, it seems foolish not to take them up on it.)
  3. Before my first-round interview, I asked God to put a quick stop to this if it wasn't what He had in mind for me. Apparently, putting a quick stop to it wasn't what He had in mind, either. So now, to learn what better idea He has in store.
No more on this. On to Scott and Carlie's fantastic wedding. (Or depending on the order you read, just go back and read that again.)