Thursday, December 16, 2004

I cicle, you cicle...

... and on Loudon Ave, everyone cicles - their houses, that is. Loudon Ave (street motto: "The Gateway to The Holler") is practically walled with icicle lights. Now you know.

Some years ago, Grandad commented on a house decorated with icicle lights, saying that it "looked like a saloon." For some reason, that remark has always reminded me of Crystal's Pizza.

I finished the fall semester today with an exam in the theory and practice of politics in Latin America. Unlike William, I am bound by an Honor Code that lets me freely discuss the test I just took. So if you're interested in

  • why neoliberal economic forms have failed to deliver Latin America to the promised land of electoral democracy,
  • which states are closest to the post-Washington Consensus "smart state" ideal, and what stands in the way of further emsmartenment, or
  • an assessment of Vicente Fox's frustrated presidency, in the broader context of consolidating Mexican democracy,
I'm your guy.

If you want to know how to say "lightning" in Spanish, you should look elsewhere.

No comments: