Wednesday, February 04, 2009

What’s different this time

Some things are the same, some are different (so far).

1. Different: Morning sickness. Last time I was sick in the evenings if I didn’t eat dinner soon enough. This time, I’ve had more problems in the morning, which involved throwing up in the ICU when I was seeing a patient. It was the second most mortifying thing that ever happened to me at work. Fortunately it seems to be completely gone, and not to have lasted as long or occurred as frequently as before. I didn’t need to carry crackers with me, so this is in the direction of goodness.
2. Different: Less achy. So far, but I’ve heard this changes. The shower doesn’t hurt my boobs this time around, which is a victory.
3. Different: Less worry. I have a better idea what to expect, so it makes me a touch less paranoid. I am still afraid to eat peanut butter (what if they expand the recall?) and have been avoiding cold cuts after reading about a Listeria outbreak (it was Canadian lunchmeat, but you never know… we’re not that far from Canada, right?). But otherwise, things are more mellow (so far).
4. Same: The sleepiness. Growing a baby from 2.5 cm to 6.5 cm = 2 naps on a Sunday. Or maybe I’m just turning into my father’s daughter, as he is a champion napper.
5. Same: The urge to blog.
6. Same : The urge to nest. We’ve already cleaned the office and cathouse. We got some pictures framed for the walls. Next I need to move the rest of my medical books to work, so the guestroom books can come live in the office.

2 comments:

emk said...

and the FIRST most mortifying event at work...???

David said...

seriously, that whole time i was waiting for the first most mortifying. you have to tell us.