Monday, February 09, 2009

Nemesis #1

Windows Vista. My computer is new from last summer and Vista has already crapped out to the point that I think it needs to be reinstalled. My computer:
1. doesn't hibernate
2. doesn't turn on unless I push the 'on' button 4 or 5 times for 3-4 seconds each time
3. gets the BSOD several times a week (and no amount of online research has provided a solution)
4. logs off for unknown reasons (while using the computer)
There's no virus and no spyware that Travis or I can find.
Huh.

1 comment:

Old Father William said...

I have specifically purchased a refurb to avoid having to deal with Windows Vista. The software is terrible for consumers, worse for the enterprise. Unfortunately there seems to be no concept of "Product Liability" for software makers and the consumer is totally caveat emptor. The product is so bad, I'd have to come with with a neologism to describe how bad it is, were it not for the fact that Microsoft already came up with a synonym for that level of rotten.

Windows Vista is utterly Zune.