Monday, June 04, 2007

Dreams

I have declared that all dreams Kerry and I have until Genghis arrives are impending parenthood anxiety dreams (iPad - take that, Steve Jobs). Not that it has required keen insight to see it on my part. Two nights ago, I dreamed I was scheduled to take a qualifying exam to skipper some sort of small, Coast Guard vessel. I had not been studying or practicing enough, and it was becoming increasingly clear that I was not going to pass. Last night in slumbertown, Kerry and I were taking our last childbirth course. Improbably, the course was being taught in a classroom lecture style, with extensive math concerning frequency and duration of contractions, etc. More improbably, the class was being taught by our differential equations prof from Rice. And to cap it all, Kerry asked a question about drugs for fathers to increase the level of support provided during childbirth - Pitocin for pops.

No comments: