Thursday, June 14, 2007

Ready

I've passed some sort of biological/psychological milestone. As of yesterday, every time I get a call from Kerry, I think it's because she's gone into labor.

But am I really ready? A new reason to know "no": One of my bosses was traveling to Pakistan this week. "Was traveling", because as he was leaving London, he got word that his daughter's appendix had burst. So he landed in Dubai and turned right around. I can't imagine how that must have felt.

The very good news is that Paul's daughter is recovering fine. The lesser good news is that I'm not traveling to Pakistan any time soon.

1 comment:

Old Father William said...

Trav-

Some more unhelpful advice that will hopefully be ridiculous enough to amuse:

Have Kerry put "I've gone into labor" on the "Archives" part of her cell phone's text message menu. That way, if she goes into labor, she can text it to you quickly.