Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Lullaby

For at least a month - and really I think it's been at least two - Owen has wanted to hear "Yankee Doodle Dandy" sung to him at bedtime. Did you know that there are five verses to "Yankee Doodle Dandy"? There are when I sing it. (And he's quite particular that I be crouching, not standing, beside his bed when I do so.)

At some point during Yankee Doodle Days, he decided that he wants to hear "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", too. I think he picked up that one from Kerry, who perhaps thought that a militaristic, womanizing march was not a suitable lullaby. (She should hear the songs I used to sing to him.) Only three verses to "Twinkle Twinkle".

1 comment:

Old Father William said...

Jason like "James K Polk" by They Might Be Giants

Dakota has a whole rigamarole that lasted long enough for me to make an iTunes playlist of about an hour that started with "Que Sera Sera" and ended with "1952 Vincent Black Lightning"

My mom used to sing "All through the night" the memory of which was ruined by its use a few years back in a US AIR FORCE commercial!

I have since figured out that it has nothing to do with anything other than your kids love you and want to be with you as they drift off.