Tuesday, November 17, 2009

1 + 1 > 2

I have all these great ideas for blog entries, which I then promptly forget to post.

1 toddler + 1 baby > 2 kids, or so it seem, particularly in the morning and at dinner time.

The unpredictability of the morning makes it hard to get out of the house on time. Captain Entropy (Owen) may wake up at 7, or may wake up at 5, which requires a different level of entertainment and supervision. Katherine may wake up at 5 with Owen, demanding to be fed, and then be unable to sleep when Owen is banging around and talking really loudly. Or, maybe she'll go back to sleep. Add in pumping, packing all my gear, and I leave the house with no less than 2 bags + backpack (computer, pump, work papers (1-5 inches thick depending on the day), pump gear, soap and insulated bag for milk storage, lunch, white coat, possibly umbrella and real coat). I need my own personal sherpa to get to work. Fortunately, the return to work has been relatively low key, so I've gotten to try a few methods for getting out of the house on time.

1 comment:

emk said...

you are AMAZING!!!