Saturday, July 25, 2009

Nesting

So far, there hasn't been as much nesting with this pregnancy. With Owen, I was all about the rearranging and sorting, throwing things out, and buying sensible things, like new tupperware. Nothing really aggressive, like painting in the middle of the night, but low key organizational stuff.

I think this time around, I've just been too busy to nest. Between O and work, my free time is spent sleeping and eating.

Nesting really kicked in at 6:40 this morning. It started a touch last night at 9 when Travis and I reorganized all Owen's toys in the living room. But this morning it started in earnest.

So far:
1. I packed for the hospital (which all but guarantees I'll be overdue)
2. Took all the non-baby linens out of the D2's room (including pillow mountain, which now resides in our living room for the moment)
3. Pulled out all the baby clothes to sort and find the little ones
4. Got the car seats, baby bathtub, bouncy chair, and other gear out of the baby's room and put closer to where they belong.

Still to come - more clothes sorting, taking non-baby decorative items out of the nursery, and then whatever stikes my fancy (like tupperware purchasing? Reorganizing the cabinets?) Part of me wants the entire house painted, but this doesn't really seem like the best project to start at 37 weeks.

No comments: