Friday, February 24, 2006

A scene between two children

Danny: I'm going to throw rocks to break a window in that house! It will be cool!

Robbie: I want to be cool, too! I'll throw rocks, too!

Robbie's conscience: Umm, do we really think that breaking windows is a good idea?

Robbie: I want to be cool! I'll throw rocks!

Replace "Danny" with "Democrats" and "Robbie" with "Republicans", and you have my analysis of this week's news around Dubai Port World handling containers at US ports. Of course, "Robbie's conscience" is a fictional device I invented to make the story marginally more interesting.

1 comment:

Wm said...

You've misconstrued Robbie's conscience. He's thinking, "I want to throw rocks too because I hate those dirty people who live in there. I am just not sure if I can get away with it, but I am afraid of ever seeming wimpy for any reason, no matter how stupid. Okay! Then it's settled I'll do the rascist and beligerent thing because I gotta be me!"