Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Editor's note: Anti-spam

Spam comments have been posted to the Hollerer with distressing frequency. No, not yours, William, but automatically generated comments offering money-making opportunities and displeasing clutter. I like comments only from you, dear reader, so I've turned on a verification feature for commenting. The comment dialogue will provide you with a code word you have to type in before your contribution is posted. I hope that this doesn't cause you any trouble.

2 comments:

Wm said...

My anti-spam measure is better.

Do you remember the SNL skit spoofing $25,000 (the password is ____) with Billy Crystal as Sammy Davis, Jr. and Dana Carvey (I think) as Julio Iglesias or something.

Sometimes when I think about security and passwords and feel depressed about the whole deal (a not uncommon IT experience) I think about

(The Password is "PICKLE")

Sammy: This is a hot spicy little number
Julio: Rita Moreno
Sammy: No, babe. It comes from a cucumber, they let it sit in a barrel with its brothers so it becomes something else.
Julio: A caterpillar
Sammy: Let's move on

...then later...

(The password is FILET MIGNON)
Sammy: its the ultimate piece of meat
Julio: Mel Gibson [this doesn't make sense that Julio Iglesias would say this, but I can't find the skit on the internet]
Sammy: No, babe, its the little guy when you bring it out you say, "How the heck does this cost so much?"
Julio: Filet Mignon.

Now THOSE were passwords.

travis said...

That is doubly funny, because the first time I posted a comment, the secret verification word was "jwanna", as in, "jwannapickleonnit?"