Thursday, April 21, 2005

"Working Man"

1. In 1974, Rush were still considering becoming BTO.

2. I got a job. I'll be working for a project finance advisory firm, currently focusing on oil and gas. You needn't bother looking for it on the Internet; it's a new firm, recently formed by my finance professor and two of his colleagues. Strictly speaking, it is a temporary job; I've got two months to determine that it is a place I'd like to keep working, and to convince them that they'd like to keep me around. I'm optimistic, though. I had a very enjoyable conversation with the three founders yesterday, and I felt like we connected well. A small, private-sector firm will certainly be a departure from my work experience to date, but I feel ready for the challenge.

I still marvel at how this came together. At 0600 last Friday, less than a week ago, I was thinking that, if I was going to pursue any alternative to Alliance to Save Energy, I should get on the stick. By 1300 I had had a phone interview and scheduled a live interview, and now it's done. Even more, things I was a bit nervous about - start date, compensation during the first two months - were painlessly and favorably resolved. All sorts of pieces fit together, even mistakes from previous interviews I didn't repeat this time. God has given me a wonderful opportunity; I resolve to make the most of it.

1 comment:

Old Father William said...

Since I'm not hep to the history of Rush, you will have to give more information on BTO. Also Dakota wanted me to spell her name:

D - A - K - O - T - A ! ! !