Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Visitor lockdown

I learned this morning that visitors to Dad's rehab hospital are now restricted to primary caregivers there for education or discharge. I certainly get it, but it will be harder to know how he's doing.

In any event, I'm heading back to Dallas this morning. We're looking for places there where Dad might live after discharge from rehab, but I doubt we'll be able to visit any place because of their covid-19 precautions. Don't know how those might affect transfers of new patients.

Happily, before lockdown, Kerry and the kids came to have a double birthday party for me and Dad in his room. They brought a cookie cake, a balloon, festive napkins - all color-coordinated - and song. (On another visit, the kids played their sonatina pieces for Dad on the piano in the cafeteria.) It was very thoughtful, and I think he enjoyed it. I know he enjoyed the cookie cake.

No comments: