Thursday, September 04, 2008

Truck! Truck! Truck!

Owen is getting more talky and his favorite word is currently 'Truck!', which sounds more like 'trukk!'. He uses it to describe trucks, cars, and any large vehicle that might possibly be some kind of truck (bus, wood chipper, etc). His current favorite book is 'Tough Machines', which has pictures of trukks to include tractors, dump trucks, cement mixer, steam roller, digger, etc. We read it at least twice a day. Still a far cry from Brown Bear Brown Bear status, but we're getting there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to talk out the difference between "truck" and "trukk" and having a rather difficult time. I'm going to have to ask for a live demonstration when next I see Owen.

Angus Hendrick said...

I commend Owen on his choice of vocabulary. My first "sentence" was "Ohhhhh, big truck!"

travis said...

As Gabe is seeking clarification, I'd say it's really more "tuk" than "truck" or "trukk". But dream on if you think you can get a demonstration. There's no better way to get Owen not to do [X] than to say, "Owen loves to do [X]! Watch..."

Old Father William said...

Re-Bar/Trukk '08