Thursday, August 07, 2008

Seattle

We're back from four days in Seattle, where we attended the wedding of Dave and Jenny. They had a lovely service at Jenny's parents' home, a service that very much reflected their personalities and their hopes for their marriage.

Though various subsets had crossed paths, this was the first time in about four years that Dave, William, Eric and I had all been together. There's nothing like seeing old friends. I'm not able to put it into words well right now. I hope, faithful reader, that you know what I mean.

In a happy surprise, we got to stay with Josh, his wife A-P and 1.5-year-old daughter Emilie. We had only hoped to see them while in town, but they graciously hosted us, sharing their home, a stunning array of kids' books and Josh's fine cooking with us.

Owen was sleepless in Seattle like his name was Tom Hanks. It got better over the trip, but even when dog-tired, he had a hard time falling asleep outside of a moving stroller or car (and not always even in those vehicular tranquilizers). But for being short of sleep, he was quite chipper, making the most of his first trip to the West Coast. Stand by for pictures of Owen with his first coffee. (Kidding, of course. He had his first espresso months ago.)

2 comments:

Old Father William said...

It didn't occur to me until just now, but you guys packed the empire's own All-Terrain Baby Transport (AT-BT)in your LUGGAGE. That's in adition to your car seat. Besides being hard core, I realize that you guys actually did use it for baby off-roading at arboreedium (I should learn to spell)

I doff my metaphorical hat to your parental fierceness. In my metaphor, the hat is a tricorn.

Anonymous said...

so good to see you all last week. i had a wonderful time and really appreciate you all staying long enough to spend some real time.

-dave