Sunday, January 29, 2006

Vvvvvvvvvvvvv!

That is the sound that the lower registers of a harpsichord make when they are being played really fast. That is the sound Kerry and I heard at the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra last Thursday when the harpsichord was simply thrashing Bach's Brandenberg Concerto No. 5. Yes, thrashing. The urge to applaud between movements was almost overwhelming. Luckily, we kept it in check, but I felt like we were in the Simpsons episode when they hold up candles during the extended organ solo of "In the Garden of Eden" by I. Ron Butterfly. ("Remember when we used to make out to this hymn?")

2 comments:

penguininthesun said...

haha, that was such a funny episode. The Simpsons are great.

Anonymous said...

I have to say that is the funniest Simposn's episode I've ever seen. That scene was so funny that it translated quite well into print for "The Gospel according to the Simpsons"