Saturday, June 04, 2005

An inverse relationship

It seems that the more news I have, the less I post. For example, have I not written since 18 May because nothing has happened? Well, no.

  • I've graduated from SAIS with my master's in international relations, concentrating in energy and environmental policy. The most common question has been, "Does it feel good to be done?" Yes, I suppose. From before I started in August 2003, SAIS was inherently temporary, a transition to a new career. So I reckon it is good to finish, particularly since I do have a job (more below), but it's not with a strong sense of relief or elation.
  • A host of family came to visit us and attend my graduation. Beyond giving me a hearty and appreciated cheer at the ceremony on the 26th, they also did almost all the work the next day for a barbecue that, ostensibly, I was hosting. Thanks to all their efforts, we had a nice, long, relaxed afternoon, with visitors from SAIS, NR, and the hospital.
  • I made a quick trip up to Pennsylvania for my cousin Ken's 80th birthday. On the way back, I saw the Blue Angels flying over an air show.
  • Since last Tuesday, I've been on the project finance job. I'm really enjoying it. They had lots of work ready for me, which is my preferred way to start a gig. It also helps that I'm such a nerd that modeling finance in Excel seems great fun, and that I'm interested to read loan conditions over the weekend. (Not all weekend, mind you. Let's not be silly.)

So thanks for reading, particularly since I'd given you little reason to think it was even worth checking the blog.

2 comments:

Old Father William said...

i like pivot tables

Old Father William said...

I also have this to say about Excel