Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Life at the new house

I haven’t posted about Dad since his move to the residential care home. It’s not a very good excuse, but it is a case of no news being good news. He seems to be quite comfortable. The caregivers are very nice. He is eating well. He was receiving physical, speech, and occupational therapy for a few weeks; OT has now stopped. He has a few pictures from his house on the wall of his room: a couple of his mom’s paintings, one of his dad’s mechanical drawings, and a watercolor of unknown provenance that was at the house in Tulsa as long as I can remember. He asked for a TV in his room, but I’m not sure how much he actually watches it.

Until yesterday, I was able to visit Dad at the gazebo in the backyard. I was masked and staying six feet away, but now that has come to an end; all visits have been suspended indefinitely. It’s a bummer, but given the still growing number of covid cases in Dallas, it makes sense.

I’ll be writing Dad notes. I’m happy to drop off notes from others at the same time, or please feel free to write him directly. Thanks.

No comments: