Thursday, June 04, 2020

Belated moving day

On Tuesday, Dad made a fairly smooth transfer from the rehab hospital to the residential care home where he will be for the foreseeable future. As I think I described previously, there are seven other residents in the house, each with their own room. There is a nice living room with couches and comfy chairs, plus a couple of dining areas, a back porch, and a gazebo. There are two caregivers during the day and one overnight.

This describes several residential care homes in the area. The killer app for Dad's house is that it is actually in our neighborhood. It's a ten-minute walk away. I haven't wanted to mention this detail, for fear of jinxing it, but he's now been in the house for two days, so I think it's safe to go public. He can receive mail there; please contact me for the address if you would like to start sending things directly to him.
I was at the house a good while yesterday, helping to get him moved in. It was a long day for Dad, so I was glad to pop in this evening to see him relaxing after dinner. He looked very comfortable and happy. He'd had a shower and a shave. Well, most of a shave; he seems to be growing a mustache. We'll keep you posted.

No comments: