Sunday, October 26, 2008

10 year old pants

I have some 10 year old pants that I’ve been wearing to work. Is it wrong to want newer work pants? I don’t really want the old ones anymore. There’s nothing really wrong with them, except that they’re old, and a maybe a little faded. They’re not obviously out of style, but still. Am I shallow for wanting new pants? Will it be ok to get new ones as long as I donate the old ones? I can’t shop until after I take the GI boards (self-imposed), so I can defer my decision until then.

1 comment:

Old Father William said...

Dude, you only have one pair of work pants?

Seriously though: No, the pants you where for work should be as nice as possible to maintain a professional appearance and to give you a mental edge in important situations where having nicer pants is something to fall back on. Don't let your feelings about your pants fall down. You want your pants to make you feel up. You should demand it. Open up your window and shout "PANTS! FEEL ME UP!"